| There are many ways you can help with
preparing for Lama Zopa Rinpoche's upcoming visit. Below
are the details that we have so far on areas where we
need help. Please send an email to Jen at email@example.com
and indicate what you would like to do, and confirm the
time that you will arrive to help.
1. Weekend Work Days: 7/21 & 7/22: A
great success, THANK YOU!
2. Neighborhood Flyer Distribution:
Mon 7/23 and Tues 7/24: DONE!
3. Post Flyers: Wed 7/23 to Fri 7/27:
As many people as possible!
Post flyers that we'll have made up about the Animal
Blessing in area parks, where animal owners might be
likely to see them. We can provide a list of animal-friendly
parks in your area. We particularly need help with posting
in Medford-area parks.
5. Driver/Shopper: Thurs 7/26 1pm:
Volunteer already assigned
6. Tent Setup: Friday
7/27 2pm: 6 people
Come begin preparing the back yard for Saturday's Animal
Blessing event by helping set up the tent. Preparations
will be suspended in time to attend Rinpoche's book
7. Book signing event volunteers:
Friday 7/27: This event is being held at Prospect Hall,
near Porter Square in Cambridge. The following volunteer
opportunities are still available:
- Set up, decorate room: 3pm: 4 people
- Break down and clean-up room: after
the event: 4 people
8. Animal Blessing volunteers: Sat
7/28 10am and ongoing: The following volunteer opportunities
are still available for prior to and during the event:
- Altar set-up: From 10am: 10 or
more people. Note: please park on Washington street
(behind the Center) if you are arriving before noon
- Inside cleaning and setup: From
12 noon: 6 people
- Bookstore helpers: From 2pm: 4
- Information and Donations table:
From 2pm: 3 people
- Parking Monitors: From 2pm: 4 people
- Greeters: From 3:30pm: 4 people
- Animal Caretakers: (be on hand
to help owners make their pets more comfortable with
water, finding space to set, etc.) From 3:30pm: 4
Volunteers will receive periodic updates to this list.
Thank you so much for offering to help!